Policy on Protection of Personal Information
MRM Worldwide Inc. (herein after referred to as MRM Worldwide) provides full-scale relationship marketing and CRM services such as direct response advertisements, telemarketing and database management targeting consumers and corporations.
MRM Worldwide recognizes its responsibility as a company to handle personal information, and based on this recognition, pays careful attention to the handling of such information, and gives sufficient consideration and takes proper actions for storage and management to ensure the safety of any and all personal information we handle or have any association with. MRM Worldwide also established the Personal Information Protection Committee with McCannWorld Group to formulate the "Personal Information Protection Management System (structure and rules)" to promote protection of personal information.
- 1. Rule regarding acquisition, use and provision of personal information
Upon the acquisition, use and provision of personal information, the purpose shall be defined clearly, the handling shall be legitimate and just with an agreement of use, and the information shall not be used for any reasons other than business operations of MRM Worldwide.
- 2. Prevention and corrective measures against unauthorized access to
personal information and loss, damage, falsification, leakage, etc. of personal information.
MRM Worldwide will enforce practical security measures and any improvements required to prevent unauthorized access, loss, damage, falsification, and leakage of all personal information under a responsible management structure and well-maintained infrastructure.
- 3. Adherence to laws or ordinances, national policies and other regulations concerning protection of personal information
MRM Worldwide complies with the Japanese laws and regulations concerning protection of personal information when operations involving personal information are performed.
- 4. Familiarizing the staff with the personal information protection management system and auditing the system
Based on the "Personal Information Protection Management System (structure and rules)" that was established to promote protection of personal information, MRM Worldwide facilitates all employees and related staff to familiarize themselves with the system, to understand it and put it in practice. MRM Worldwide audits the system at regular intervals.
- 5. Continuous improvement of the "Personal Information Protection Management System (structure and rules)"
MRM Worldwide will continuously review the "Personal Information Protection Management System (structure and rules)" and keep improving the system.
- 6. Concerns and complaints
MRM Worldwide will sincerely attend to any concerns or complaints.
Established date: April 21, 2004
Last Updated: October 1, 2018
Representative Director, President
MRM Worldwide Inc.
Personal information handled by MRM Worldwide
Purposes to use personal information
MRM Worldwide may use personal information for the following purposes.
- 1. Planning, operation, implementation of campaign and other programs as entrusted by our client.
- 2. Planning, operation, implementation of marketing research, surveys, and other researches as entrusted by our client.
- 3. Planning and operation of member magazines as entrusted by our client.
- 4. Any other work as entrusted by our client
- 5. Marketing research and other work planned, operated, and implemented by MRM Worldwide
- 6. Liaison work with our client and any trading companies
- 7. Any hiring and employment related work for MRM Worldwide.
- 8. HR management work for all personnel associated with our work and retirees.
- 9. Employment/benefit matters for employees.
Provision of personal information to a third party
MRM Worldwide does not provide personal information in possession to a third party except for the following cases.
- 1. When the person agrees that the information is used
- 2. When the use of the information is prescribed by law
- 3. When MRM Worldwide judges that the use of the information is necessary to protect a matter of great importance such as life, health and property of the person or any person
- 4. Cooperation with state institutions
Disclosure, amendment, addition, or deletion of personal information
MRM Worldwide shall disclose, amend, add, or delete the personal information that MRM Worldwide is entitled to do so when the owner of that information requests for its disclosure, amendment, addition, or deletion within the legitimate time period and range, after the person's identity is verified.
Contact for Personal Information
Please contact below for any questions, concerns, or complaints regarding the disclosure, amendment, addition, or deletion as well as request for cessation of usage or elimination, and third party provision of the personal information handled by MRM Worldwide.
We have obtained the ‘Privacy Mark,’ awarded to companies by JIPDEC as deemed appropriate in handling of personal information.
In accordance with Article 37 of “Law regarding personal data protection (57t issue); 2003), we belong to the following authorized personal data protection association as authorized by the state minister in charge.
<Name of an accredited personal information protection organization>
Japan Information Processing Development Corporation
JIPDEC, Personal Information Protection Consultation Service Office
12F Roppongi First Building,
Minato-ku, Tokyo 106-0032
TEL: 03-5860-7565 / 0120-700-779(toll-free)
Introduction of JIPDEC with regards to their activities related to personal data protection<http://english.jipdec.or.jp/>